We are always looking for people who are interested in local history…so if you have a few hours to spare, we would be pleased to have your assistance.
Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
Whilst it is always lovely to work with people who have computer skills, we are happy to mentor and guide others who are keen to learn new skills.
Below is a list of current tasks we have that we need help with, but the list is always changing and being updated, based on volunteers interests and skills and new things are donated to us all the time….–
- Compile On this day in History
- Phone HRGS members and interview them for their WW2 stories
- Photograph the outside of your church – a main photo and then various features, doors, windows, gates, from various angles.
- Label East Kent Gazette articles electronically based on the content of the story
- Check Boer War photos labels
- Booklet transcribing
- Scan the front pages of HRGS’s The Archive to put up on our Internet
- Type up Bredhurst Archaeological diary
- Compile World War I folders for the following parishes Milton Regis, Doddington and Newham
- Manage our Volunteer rota – do you like organising and planning?
- Set up Social media hub suite
- Design and create window displays for the Heritage Hub
- Update and relaunch our Historic Town Trail
- Learn how to record and upload talk podcasts
- Transcribe Borden’s Parish Poor Relief Records 1908
- Liaise with local Universities regarding work placements
- Conserving and reassembling a Roman pot
- Oral history compilations – WW1 and WW2 veterans
- WW2 parish research – for Bapchild, Bobbing, Borden, Bredgar, Hartlip, Lower Halstow, Kemsley, Milton Regis and Tunstall
So please do contact us to tell us what you are interested in, or if you have your own ideas.